Declaration of Arbroath 700th Anniversary Half

Declaration of Arbroath 700th Anniversary Half


Since the Declaration Run was postponed in March we have carefully monitored the ongoing Covid 19 pandemic to see whether it would be possible to run the event in September.   Our primary concern has been, and remains, the Health and Safety of our participants and our staff.  Having constantly reviewed the potential for proceeding with the event we believe it is possible to do so safely and responsibly.  To do this has meant we have had to make a number of significant changes to the event to ensure that this is the case and in that respect we need every-one involved, staff, contractors, and participants, to follow the guidance and safety protocols that we are putting in place.

Sadly we have had to move the start from Arbroath Abbey to Victoria Park  to allow us to provide sufficient space for forming up for the Start and maintaining social distancing.  We have undertaken route revisions to use more rural roads and avoid where possible running through the town itself and through areas where potential contact with the general public is high.

We will be asking everyone in attendance prior to the start to undertake a mandatory temperature check as part of their admission at points of entry to the event site and to be wearing face coverings.  Face coverings and gloves will be worn at all times by staff and contractors.  Participants can remove their face coverings once within the socially distanced start pens.  Handwashing facilities will be available at all water stops, the start, and the finish.

During the run we are currently expecting all participants to keep a minimum distance of 1 metre between each other, avoid bunching, and within the start and finish areas maintain a distance of 2 metres.

By the end of July we will have had a  decision from the Scottish Government as to whether mass gatherings are to be allowed to go ahead and what regulations and guidance will be in place to allow this to happen. 

At this time we cannot be absolutely certain that the current restrictions will be lifted but the decision to run the Event has to be taken now as a number of things need to be put in place well before the 19th September.  It may still turn out that we have to cancel the event in which case those of you who have decided to continue supporting the event will receive refunds.

A revised Race Guide and our Covid Response Plans will be circulated to all registered runners in early August along with a Health Check Form which will need to be completed and returned prior to taking part in the Run.

Those of you who are no longer able to attend for whatever reason should contact Event Registration for your refund hold the Declaration Run but to deliver it we need to progress things at this time to make sure that we can deliver it if the permissions are granted and current restrictions eased

Thank you all for your patience, understanding, and support through the most difficult period I think any of us have had to contend with

Organised by Hardcore Events

700 spaces

Race starts at 13.20pm

Entry fee up to 31st December £23, £28 from 1st January.

Mixed terrain of road, pavement, path, trail and footbridge.

Start/Finish Arbroath

Chipped event. medals, t-shirt and goodie bags to all finishers.

Route here

Event Properties

Event Date 19-09-2020 1:20 pm
Event End Date 19-09-2020 5:45 pm
Capacity 700
Registered 447     [View List]
Available place 253
Cut off date 23-08-2020
Individual Price £28.00
We are no longer accepting registration for this event

Share this event:

Eventfull Management Equipment Hire


Event Calendar

November   2020
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29